What's next? 😍
Next couple of weeks we are going to spend on delivering editor enhancements, and
provide some new, cool features based on the received feedback. 🚀
Already delivered 🎉
2.7.8 Jun 1, 2020
- Code cleanup and performance improvements
- Fixed highlighting when switched from empty folder view to folder with snippets
- Fixed imported snippet language when "Use previously selected snippet language" is enabled
Menubar app enhancements:
- Allow using it via keyboard
ESC to exit search field and activate the snippets list
Return or click on the active snippet in the list to copy its content to the clipboard
2.7.7 May 22, 2020
Fixed app crash in some edge case.
2.7.6 May 21, 2020
Implemented block indentation via
Shift+Tab in the editor.
2.7.5 May 20, 2020
- Search speed optimization
- Some other enhancements and fixes in full-text search
ESC key to exit the search field and activate snippets list
2.7.4 May 15, 2020
- Implemented navigation in the app via hotkeys. Navigate forward and backward between the catalog and snippets list views using
Shift + Tab hotkeys.
- When finished snippet editing, press
ESC to exit the editor and activate the snippets list.
2.7.3 May 14, 2020
Fixed app crash in some rare cases when running it for the first time.
2.7.2 May 13, 2020
Now it's possible to disable/enable menu bar app in the General Settings (customer request).
2.7.1 May 12, 2020
Huge improvement in the layout & split views behaviour has been delivered!
The main layout was reworked to make split views behave better, especially when resizing the main window. Now the editor view is a top-priority view to resize, while snippets and catalog stay static when resizing the app.
2.7.0 May 7, 2020
A lot of SnipperApp 2 users requested to allow attaching assets to their Markdown and text snippets. Engineers love saving notes with appending screenshots for a better context description.
With this update, now you can drag and drop any image from finder or copy-paste your screenshots directly from the clipboard into your markdown or simple text snippet. This feature will be especially convenient when using SnipperApp not only as a code snippets manager, but a notetaking app.
We also made a cleanup and fixed some small cosmetic issues.
2.6.3 Apr 17, 2020
- Record your own shortcut in General Preferences for quick access to menubar app
- Added a new context menu in snippets list for faster access to some commonly used actions
2.6.2 Apr 9, 2020
- Small layout enhancements
2.6.1 Apr 4, 2020
- Some minor fixes after 2.6.0 release
2.6.0 Apr 2, 2020
New menubar app for quick access to your snippets! Search for the required snippet and click on it to quickly copy it to the clipboard.
2.5.1 Mar 7, 2020
- UX fix in case if no folder is selected and creating a snippet
- Fixed a bug for some cases when creating a new folder from leaf
2.5.0 Mar 6, 2020
This feature has been requested multiple times and now it's here! Starting from
you can drag and drop snippets to other folders 😉
2.4.1 Feb 23, 2020
We've delivered some enhancements to the search:
- Highlight matched text in snippets when applied a full-text search
- Make full-text search case insensitive
2.4.0 Feb 3, 2020
Thanks to everyone for the provided feedback! In this update, SnipperApp 2 is switching to freemium! We love our customers, and with this update, we would like to encourage more people to check out the SnipperApp.
Now SnipperApp provides a free, but limited version of the app.
Next features are available in Pro version:
- iCloud & GitHub Gist storages
- Unlimited tags
- Favorite snippets
- Catalog trees with drag and drop support
- Create and restore from backups
- Smart snippets filtering
2.3.4 Jan 25, 2020
Fixed GitHub Gist sync.
2.3.3 Jan 22, 2020
Fixed staying in the markdown preview mode when opened next snippet (at some cases).
2.3.2 Jan 13, 2020
Add support of markdown tables in the markdown parser.
/docs section is live!
We've released an initial portion of documentation. 🎉
2.3.1 Jan 11, 2020
Fixed a memory leak and some other minor improvements after
2.3.0 Jan 8, 2020
We are happy to deliver a new version of the Markdown parser and a new markdown preview mode!
This update provides enhancements to the markdown snippets, including support of GitHub Flavored Markdown! Now markdown snippets support indented and fenced code blocks when writing a markdown or when switched to a preview mode.
2.2.0 Dec 15, 2019
- Record your own SnipperApp 2 shortcut and use it for the quick opening of the app when you need it
2.1.3 Dec 7, 2019
- Stay in markdown preview mode when clicked on another snippet and then go back
to previously opened one
2.1.2 Nov 26, 2019
- Some additional minor bug fixing
2.1.1 Nov 25, 2019
- Cleanup after v2.1.0 release
- Fixed bug when default gists folder was removed and user initialized a GitHub sync
2.1.0 Nov 24, 2019
GitHub Gist integration has been released! 🚀
GitHub Gists integration is here! Now it's possible to sync your existing gists to SnipperApp. Newly created snippets will be instantly uploaded to the GitHub. Pull your existing gists to SnipperApp, and edit them with automatic back synchronization!
Offline mode is supported. Work with your GitHub snippets without an internet connection, and sync your changes to GitHub when there will be an internet connection available again.
Besides this amazing update, there are some less important but still great changes worth mentioning:
- For easier identifying of snippet origin, iCloud and Github icons are shown when browsing "All snippets"
- Fixed aligning of window controls
- Hide add folder and add snippet buttons when browsing Favorites group
- Fixed showing of the active theme in Preferences
- Multiple performance improvements were made
2.0.7 Sep 19, 2019
- New setting to use previously selected snippet language. When selected, a created snippet will be set to the previously selected language.
2.0.6 Sep 18, 2019
- Better performance of the app
- Security improvements
- Big cleanup and preparation for the next big update!
2.0.5 Sep 11, 2019
- Cosmetic positioning fixes of Show/Hide group labels in the folders catalog
- Performance improvements in initializing of the app
- Fix "Copy to Clipboard" when restored a window
2.0.4 Sep 8, 2019
Improve restore purchase experience
2.0.3 Sep 3, 2019
Fixed full-screen mode and window resizing
2.0.2 Aug 31, 2019
Safer transactions handling
2.0.1 Aug 30, 2019
- Fixed restore purchase functionality
- Fixed when clicking the Choose Font button, the font pane is opened, however,
the font did not get set to the one that was chosen
2.0.0 Aug 29, 2019 💥 🎉
SnipperApp 2 has been released! 🚀
2.0.0 release includes next major changes:
- Smart filtering and completely reworked search
- Snippet tags
- Mark snippet or folder as a favorite
- Completely redesigned DB for easier scaling in the future
- Numerous UX improvements
And many more enhancements to make SnipperApp 2 one of the best snippet managers in the wild!
SnipperApp 2 is on its way!
1.5.2 Aug 25, 2019
- backward compatible backup for SnipperApp 2. Create a backup and import your snippets into SnipperApp 2.
1.5.1 Mar 19, 2019
- fixed drag and drop error in some corner cases
1.5.0 Mar 18, 2019
- New: create and restore from backup.
- Bug fixes and improvements
1.4.2 Feb 9, 2019
- fixed crash of app if no language is available in registry
1.4.1 Jan 15, 2019
1.4.0 Jan 3, 2019
- catalog now supports folder trees!
- drag and drop your folders in the catalog
- various bug fixes and improvements
1.3.3 and 1.3.4 Dec 17, 2018
- improve security by inlining activation check
- show warning if identified cracked version via user defaults (by TNT)
1.3.2 - Dec 6, 2018
- fix preferences window height
- reset filter when adding a new snippet
1.3.1 - Nov 15, 2018
- improved performance of iCloud syncing
1.3.0 - Oct 28, 2018
- Added 90 new languages (120 in total)
- Editor refactoring and bug fixes
1.2.0 - Oct 18, 2018
- Import snippets from files and folders
1.1.0 - Sept 18, 2018
- right-click menu for the catalog to edit and delete selected folder
- folders are sorted alphabetically by name
- fixed styling in markdown preview when dark theme is applied
- break words in the markdown preview mode
- "No snippets here. Start by..." is clickable to create the first snippet